Wednesday 29 February 2012

This blog will be on indefinite closure.

This may be the last weekly update for a while.

When I started this blog in December I tried to keep it updated weekly but recently I have lost motivation. I don't want to be the person who is unhappy with everything but I have been considering three things, why I am doing this blog, what I have to work with and my web traffic, I know how pathetic it sounds but I cannot find motivation for something when the truth truth be told, no one is interested. This blog like most blogs are only read when people are bored and have nothing else worth doing. I am not convinced this is worth doing week in week out when I should be giving the time to more important things.
For those who are interested the post with the most views is the one containing pictures of the work I did for my Fine Art course, the number of hits it got dwarfed anything else I have done but they weren't hard numbers to beat in the first place.

Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not saying I am shutting down this blog but it isn't worth doing a weekly update when I have nothing interesting to talk about, I sure a lot of people will skip what I have just written because it doesn't interest them.
As far as my projects are concerned I still want to have a shot at filming an episode of my video game web show and see how things go on from there so don't consider it dead and buried just yet.

This may be the last blog post you see in a while, as things stand I am not in the mood to write about stuff which isn't worth writing about, no more filming updates, no more weekly video game reviews, no more complaints about small problems, no more needless filler and no short film reviews.
Most of this blog has seen me go around in circles, “I am giving up games”, “I'm not giving up games”, “I will update every week”, “ I won't update every week” it makes it hard for people to take what I write seriously, worst of all though it makes it hard for me to take what I write seriously.
When I started this blog I wondered how long it would take for it to run out of steam, the answer, a dozen weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I think you sound like every man who has a passion about something enough to express it who isn't perhaps receiving the recognition he would like. The best thing you can do is take a break and if you feel like you have something to say, show, rant about or express, then just do it, if it feels right.

    I'll be honest. Most people won't notice if you blog once a week or once a year, some will though and for those few, you need to ask yourself, is it worth it?

    I did a similar thing with my YouTube channel. i'd spend 9 hours straight editing a video to receive feedback that didn't even warrant my time i had put in. I got frustrated, i fell out with people, then.. I took a break. It's been maybe 2 years..

    just do what you enjoy, screw anything else.

    ReplyDelete